The former host of the hit SBC series is all set to make a return to The Bachelor – after announcing that he’d be stepping aside.
While speaking to the “Good Morning America” co-host, Michael Strahan, Harrison said that he is planning to return to the franchise. He even apologized for the controversial interview he did in the past.
He said that he wants to be back and wants people to know that the interview is not the finish line. He believes that there’s much more work to be done, and that he is excited to be part of that change.
Last month, he had announced that he would be leaving the popular franchise and all of its spinoffs – shows he has hosted ever since they got launched in 2002.
He apologized by accepting that he is an imperfect man and that he made a mistake. This is actually great, because he is actually owning up to his mistake. He believes that the mistake doesn’t define him as a person, and that he should reflect on what his believes and core values are. He said that he is committed to the progress and that the program has been part of his life for the last 20 years, and he wishes to continue on with the journey.
He left the franchise after the 13-minute interview with Extra. The interview was done with the former Bachelorette star, Rachel Lindsey and he spoke quite candidly on behalf of a contestant who was photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed party back in 2018.
In that interview he had said that people need to have a little grace, understanding, and compassion. Ever since, he has apologized to Lindsay on his statement and also been bullied online.
He said that he is saddened and shocked to see how insensitive he was in that interview. However, he did defend himself by saying that he didn’t intend to speak against the antebellum parties and all the things that they stand for.
“I didn’t say it then and I want to say it now: those parties are not OK, past, present, future. And I didn’t speak from my heart. And that is to say that I stand against all forms of racism, and I am deeply sorry to Rachel Lindsay and to the Black community.” – He said.
On Sunday, ABC had announced that on March 15, Emmanuel Acho is going to be hosting “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose” special instead of Harrison.
He further added that people are commenting on how he apologized and that he is being unnecessarily scrutinized over a mistake. The fact that he continues to apologize for his interview is enough to suggest that the man is desperate to be on the show. He revealed to Strahan that he is currently working with a race educator and strategist alongside some faith leaders and scholars like Dr. Michael Eric Dyson.
He revealed that Dr. Dyson talks to him about the cancel culture and how it’s toxic; the approach should always be to counsel and not cancel. He takes full accountability and owns his mistake. He learned a lot from it in such a small time and is seeking guidance from the community that he hurt, which itself is a sign of guilt. We can clearly see that Harrison wants to move on from this chapter of life and grow from the lessons he learned.
For more information and entertainment news, like our page on Facebook!
Tell us more! Are you a fan of Bachelor” franchise? Christopher Bryan Harrison (1.78 m tall) is the American television and game show host who was involved in the racism controversy last month.